Friday, August 17, 2007

Choo Choo Train!

Here's a picture from the Optimist Club convention at the first of the month. Our "evening of fun" was a train ride up the north shore of Lake Superior. It also included a pizza dinner. That's always an issue with Lily around. I couldn't really special order a cheeseless pizza like I would normally order since you pretty much just get a 1/2 pizza per person and they're all the same. So... I brought Lily's lunch bag with me filled with cheeseless pizza (I keep leftovers in the freezer and just take out a piece or 2 as needed.), fruit roll-ups, juice boxes and other special treats that they don't usually get. Luckily I didn't have to worry about contact allergies with her so I didn't freak out about her touching the seats or anything.

My little sister came with us on the train and was a HUGE help. Since there was no table there was really no way to keep the kids confined while eating other than on our laps. Notice that I was an idiot and wore white pants that day. Addie did make new friends with a couple from St Cloud (Jim & Jimmy according to Addie) - I've known them for awhile now and they really are the sweetest couple. By the end of the night Addie was giving Jim hugs and kisses! It really was a lot of fun and I'd definitely go again.

1 comment:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I thought "OH NO WHITE PANTS + PIZZA = BAD (or =OXYCLEAN). Glad everyone had fun!!