Sunday, April 22, 2007

Product Review

Road's End Organics - Dairy Free Shells & Chreese (not a typo)

Today I made some regular Mac & Cheese for Addie and Adam and some Shells & Chreese for Lily and I. Lily ate it like it was the best mac & cheese she's ever had. Which to be honest, it probably is since it didn't make her tummy hurt or give her acid burn on her bum. As for me, well, it's not mac & cheese that's for sure. It doesn't have the slightest cheese taste. It's more of a garlicy oniony creamy taste. Not bad, just not what I was expecting. Who knew that the dried processed cheese food that I always made fun on API making during marching band practice was actually a dairy product? (You probably have to be a Boycevillian to understand the reference and since Addie is back on my lap I really don't have the time to explain.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

most unfair! Our computer was removed from the home this weekend and I was unable to view the blog. (That and I am unable to make any other computer do my bidding)
I know I cant win, but I shall make some entries tomorrow

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh...I really do feel for you....there is no substiture for the official Kraft Mac and cheese with all it's salty and artery clogging goodness. Made teh mistake in the past of buying the store brand mac and cheese....BAD! I pity you for being forced to compromise on this front....I don't know if I would be able to do it..."I'm sorry honey, YOU'RE the one with the dairy allergy....why should mommy be punished as well?"

Not looking good for me in the future..I think I would probably try to lie my way though it...I am starting to wonder if these sorts of thing might throw me into the bad parent category....

I GAVE UP CAFFIENE !! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM ME? I've been retching 24/7 for almost three months now!!!

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.