Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Soup for Santa

No photos today folks, you've got to use your imagination.

Last night as the girls and I were driving home from the grocery store (Yes, I again took my hungry children to the grocery store at 6pm. Will I never learn?) I asked Addie if she would like to leave cookies and milk out for Santa on Christmas Eve. I got a rather noncommittal answer from the back seat.

"Addie, do you think Santa would like cookies and milk (soy of course, I hear Santa is lactose intolerant) when he comes to our house?"

"No, he'd like water." Addie told me.

"Oh, so it should be water and cookies?"

"No. Water and soup and crackers. And toast." She was so confident about the way she said this. Perhaps Santa would like some soup to warm himself up with by the time he gets to our house.

2 comments:

Syren said...

Even more mean that you asked a hungry girl about cookies and milk! The girl is hungry...she wants some soup!

Dana said...

Maybe Santa awards extra presents for originality. The sugar rush probably gets old, anyway. Go soup!
Merry Christmas to all of you!