Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Mother of the Year Award


Apparently I can kiss the Mother of the Year award goodbye. Yesterday Addie slept late (she stayed up too late the night before begging me for "one more story.") when I went into her room to wake her up and get her ready for school, she definitely was not ready to wake up. Adam had worked into the wee hours of the morning, so I needed to get both girls up, get them dressed and get them out the door to Oma's in time for Addie to catch the bus and me to get to work on time.

In the process of getting Addie dressed (imagine a 38 lb wet noodle getting dressed), Addie informed me that she was "going away."

"Oh really, where are you going to?"

"The mountains where I will stay and sleep outside," Addie replied. Apparently the realities of the mountains in December mean nothing to a 4 year old.

"And what will you eat?"

Without skipping a beat, Addie answered, "Oh, you'll bring me my lunch. And my supper."

So basically, I should go away but not too far away. Is this a harbinger of what will happen in 10 years when we go shopping together. "Mom, don't walk next to me, someone will think we're together."

Addie then proceeded to throw herself (fully dressed) onto the couch and cry until I picked her up and carried her to the car. Where Lily then decided that she too needed to cry.

1 comment:

Dana said...

I love how they can just work out those little details in their mind. Why of course you'll still bring her food!

Love the hat!