Monday, November 24, 2008

Back At It

The Castle Garden


We went back to the Children's Museum this weekend. I should have known it was going to be a rocky day when Addie woke up cranky. However, there was a storyteller at the museum and I thought the girls would really like it. She was a great storyteller, very animated and fun to watch. Lily was enthralled! Addie on the other hand, got a little bored. She wanted to go find all of her friends. Unfortunately, despite the abundance of people under the age of 5 there, Addie didn't know anyone.


So we headed downstairs to check out the museum again. Things went OK in the castle. I did have to stop Addie from taking away a toy that a younger kid was playing with. I got "the Look" from a couple of other moms, so she obviously was being bossy in the kitchen. I probably deserved the look since I was sitting on one of the benches knitting while the girls were playing. It was a centrally located spot and I could see them at all times.

Lily crawling through the tunnel in the tree. See, she's not afraid!

The girls decided to go upstairs to check out the campsite. They had a great time there. Right up until Addie decided that she wanted to go back downstairs, "to look for her friends." Unfortunately because the Children's Museum was so busy, I didn't want the girls on 2 different levels where I couldn't watch both of them at the same time. Unfortunately, it was also lunch time and everyone in my house gets a little cranky when they're hungry. So

Lily practices being a Chicken Farmer.
She loves the chicken puppet at the museum.
Addie completely melted down when I told her that if she wasn't going to stay with Lily and I, then it was time to go home. I had to put her jacket on her while she kicked and screamed and threw the mother of all temper tantrums. It was lovely. It made me feel like I was the worst, meanest, most terrible Mommy in the whole world. But I still made them leave.
Once we got home and everyone was fed and naps were taken, the mood improved dramatically. It improved even more dramatically after the girls were in bed that night. I drank a beer and watched a movie that I would never be able to watch with the girls awake (Monguls) and knitted. Lots of knitting to soothe the Mommy spirit.




No comments: