Friday, November 21, 2008

It's Here!

I feel like such a grown up! I bought my very first couch this week. It's our first piece of new furniture since we moved into our house and bought a bed 8 years ago.

It's just a nice simple couch. Nothing fancy. Not too flashy. I had to be in this particular furniture store several times over the last few weeks and each time I was drawn to this couch. When the price dropped, I knew it wouldn't last long. Probably the best, most empowering feeling is that I bought it with my own checking account.

It feels good to be an adult!







What I didn't realize when I bought it was how big it would look in our house! It dwarfs the other furniture. In fact, it downright crowds it out. I'm not sure how we're going to rearrange things, but it's clear that something will need to be done.

1 comment:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Good for you!! Don't worry about it fitting. Just enjoy :)