Thursday, April 10, 2008

Play Date

We had a great play date last night. A group of us (5 moms, 8 kids) got together at McDonald's to eat and then play. The kids had a blast! For some reason, the toddler area was a huge hit with the 3 year olds for awhile. Could be because the bigger play structure was overrun by nasty big kids.

So our kids had a great time going up and down the mini-slide. Addie and her friends did the "help me, help me" routine and pulled each other up. I was amazed at how well the 8 kids got along. Everyone was so happy to see each other!

After the mean big kids left, our kids took over the tree/tunnel/slide climbing structure. I ended up going down the slide 3 times with 3 kids hanging on me. :) I had one girl on each knee and AJ hanging for dear life on my back!

The exciting news of the night was that both my kids went down the big slide (not the one here, but the big twisty dark slide) all by themselves! Addie decided that after she had gone down with me 3 times that maybe it wasn't so bad after all. Lily completely shocked me by going down by herself! I'm so proud of them!

No comments: