Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thank You


Thank you everyone for your encouragement. I'm feeling better today. It might be because Addie fell asleep in the car last night and didn't wake up until 7:30 this morning.

Most likely it is because my mom and sister are coming tonight (Dress warmly Syren, it's really chilly here!). Thank goodness for moms, they can fix anything. Auntie Rene is a rock star around my house so the girls will be ecstatic to see her.

I realized this morning that the girls are acting out a lot more with Adam gone because they aren't getting as much attention as usual. (Yes, you can smack me in the forehead for being so dense as to not figure this out!) They're used to getting attention from both Adam and I. If I'm busy cooking dinner, they can always go to him for a snuggle or a book. When it's just me, they tend to fight each other for attention. So that's why I can't have a moment's peace. That also explains why they have to be next to me every waking moment. "Momma, why you showering?" "I come in too?" "Momma, you peeing?" "Momma, I put on makeup too." Seriously, is a moment in the bathroom alone too much to ask?

So now that I realize the attention portion, I think it will be easier to bear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up! I'm planning on packing lots of comfy warm clothes so I don't catch a cold so far up north! I think I'm leaving work soon today...don't really want to be here!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Glad things are going better! When my hubby is out of town (like now) I'm in awe of single parents. How do they do it?