Monday, July 02, 2007

Obvious Genetic Link


It is obvious to me that there is a gene responsible both for the love of shoes and for wanting to talk on the phone. Here Lily talks to all of her Peeps while walking around the living room. She says, "Hiiii..." "Uh huh" "ohhhh" and "Buh bye" She looks like a mini-me!

As for the shoe gene, well I realized that both my girls have it. Lily loves nothing more than to try on Addie's and my shoes. She even gets excited about putting her own shoes on. I had assumed this was learned behavior. However, I was reminded of Crazy Uncle Matty's shoe "habit" while we were in Chicago. He's got more shoes than I do. So I believe that my girls come by this love of shoes quite naturally from both sides. It is obvious to me that Adam just has a recessive shoe gene.

See, it's not her fault that Imelda Marcos had so many shoes! Adam, pay no attention to the letters DSW with the dollar amount after it on our Discover Card bill. It clearly is not my fault either.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So your telling me this is Genetic biology? This is what passes for formal education these days? Oh well, I guess I cant fight it, them book smarts isnt wrong.

Anonymous said...

It's not necessarily a "shoe gene" but rather a "collector gene". Jessica has a "shoe gene" and "yarn gene" Adam has a "firearm gene" I have a "eu gene" (ha ha a little funny htere.... actually, I have a "perennial flower gene". We are hunters and gatherers! We can't help what we gather, we just do....
I'm trying to help you Jess.... :)

Anonymous said...

BIG sales at DSW right now!!! I bought 3 pairs of shoes for $35 and saved $192!!!