Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Fun Never Ends...

One of our favorite things to play with lately. Please excuse the diapers, wipes and potty chair in the background. :)

On Sunday, just as everyone is starting to feel better, I decided to make spritz cookies. I love spritz. They're quick, they're easy and they represent Christmas to me. Well I took the first pan out of the oven and immediately Addie started asking for one. Not in a nice, "momma may I have one?" voice, but in a whinny give it to me now sort of voice. I told her she needed to wait until the cookies cooled off before she had one. They were much too hot to eat. I took the second pan out of the oven. As I turned to grab the first pan and put the cookies onto the cooling rack, Addie reached up and touched the edge of the cookie sheet with the back of her hand.

She has a nice burn along her forefinger and down onto her hand. It almost immediately blistered and popped. We had to bring out the Dora and Princess ice packs to cool it down. After 2 days it is starting to heal nicely. However, Addie gave everyone at daycare a lesson on burns this morning. She informed 2 of the teachers that burns are hot. You should never touch hot things because you might burn.

Why can't my child be an auditory learner?

No comments: