Monday, June 04, 2007

I Addie, I 2

Adam and I are blown away by our social butterfly. Addie will walk right up to kids roughly the same age as her (give or take a few years) and say, "I Addie, I 2" and wait for a response. Most kids have no idea what she's saying. That or they're just too shy to say something, even to another kid.

Yesterday we went to see the new lambs at Bob and Pam's house. The lambs were adorable and the girls were excited as all get out. Addie almost immediately (after scarfing down the top of a cupcake, some fruit, large amounts of cheese and half a hot dog) made friends with another little boy and girl that were there. The boy was a year or so older than Addie and the girl was a year or so younger. Still, Addie made friends. She ran and fake falled with the boy, she blew bubbles in the little girl's face, she traded (and even gave away at one point) her bubbles. At one point Addie even demonstrated the chicken dance for her new friends. I swear, I have no idea where the kid gets this from!

Lily on the other hand, charmed the older ladies and practiced her new walking skills.

Have you seen Dumpr? The have a sketch feature that allows you to bring in a picture and convert it into a line drawing. I find this oddly addicting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gonna take a stab here, when Addie says "I Addie 1 2" she means her name is Addie and she is 2 years old (I'm guessing she's counting off out loud?)

Addie going up and talking to people. Has she invited anyone she has just met to go to Milwaukee and see her uncle's band yet? I have NOOOOO idea where she would get the social butterflyism from....

Anonymous said...

Actually it was "I Addie, I 2" as in I am Addie I am 2
and I dont think the inviation to see her uncle's band is wrong, threatening or suspicious in any way.
may I point out it is a thief who has the most locks on his/her door...

Anonymous said...

any good picts of the kids with the sheep

Sue said...

Very sweet. I love to see them being social - nothing cuter.