Thursday, May 10, 2007

Word to the Wise

If your child seems out of sorts for days and then starts screaming uncontrollably (as you drive up an incredibly large hill to daycare) and saying that there is a bug in her ear, it means she has an ear infection. Apparently that is a typical symptom (the bug thing that is). The poor kid has never had an ear infection before. I had no idea that she was even that sick. In fact, I thought the dr. was going to tell me I was nuts since when we got to the dr's office she was feeling fine - all doped up on Tylenol.

After 4 doses of amoxicillin we are doing great. Addie took a 4 hour nap yesterday and woke up a totally different child. She's happy again; she'll eat more than just cheese and hot dogs.

Of course this afternoon when I took her to daycare she walked in all chipper and said hello to the owner. The owner asked how Addie was feeling. Addie got this very sad look on her face and told the owner that there was a bug in her ear and that her ear hurt. Those kids will make you look like a liar every time!

2 comments:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

My son never had a fever with his ear infections. He would just wake up at night crying and that's how we knew. Sometimes it's like we have to be parent detectives. I'm glad she's feeling better and the bug is gone.

Anonymous said...

All I can think of is the episode where the bug got into Capt. Kirks ear and tried to eat his brain! Not a big trekkie, but the thought of it still scares the bejesus outta me! Glad to hear Addie is feeling better.....I can just see her pulling the sad and beaten down face....