Monday, May 05, 2008

Weekly Meal Plan - May 4-10

Look Mom, I'm a Princess Cowboy!

Sunday- Grilled burgers and hotdogs, coleslaw, chips and salsa, and strawberry shortcake... mmm...
Monday- Hot Turkey sandwiches with mashed potatoes- I'm emptying my freezer this week to make room for an 1/8 of beef coming soon.
Tuesday- Lasagna - some we've had stored in the freezer
Wednesday- Fish Tacos - I'm just going to brown the fish (sprinkled with a little cumin and chili pepper) in a saute pan, serve with shredded cabbage, tomatoes, salsa and cheese for those of us who can eat it.
Thursday- Turkey Noodle Soup - it's a big turkey!
Friday- Baked Teriyaki Chicken (or possibly grilled) - Our grocery store has a sale on chicken legs and thighs this week. Since there is nothing that my girls like more than "chicken on the bone," they should be happy campers!
Saturday- leftovers

I just have to say that I love my local grocery store. I've requested several "Lily-safe" products over the last year and every time they get what I request. Last week I spoke with a manager (who just happened to ask me if he could help me find something!!) and asked if they would please stock some dairy free cheese. He pointed me in the direction of their soy cheese and I explained that they all had dairy in them to make them more "cheese-like." He was pretty surprised to hear that! I expect to see Vegan Gourmet soon!

No comments: